Based on the far-sighted vision of His Highness Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan, President of the United Arab Emirates, and His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai, the UAE government developed the Mohammed bin Rashid Excellence Award under the Sheikh Khalifa Government Excellence Program, to enable the UAE public sector to excel in its systems, performance, services and outcomes. The programme aims to achieve this by applying its intended mission statement:
Sheikh Khalifa Government Excellence Program seeks to motivate leadership thinking and strengthen the role of the federal government in achieving superior performance in order to reach the vision of the UAE and executing innovative initiatives in documenting and disseminating knowledge and best practices of the federal government worldwide. So, launching the Performance Excellence System and various ongoing development initiatives will develop a culture of innovation, loyalty and excellence among all public employees. It will become a true symbol of excellence, innovation and development, and achieve the mission of the ‘government of excellence’ to provide an investment-friendly environment that supports sustainable development and prosperity, and raises the role of the UAE as a regional hub for the global economy, in line with the vision of His Highness Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan.
In 2014, the first Minister of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation Excellence Award was launched under directives by His Highness Sheikh Abdullah bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Minister of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation (MoFAIC). It was the first excellence award to be adopted internally by federal ministries and regional authorities. The award is a driving force for developing the institutional and functional performance of MoFAIC. It enables the ministry to provide excellent services to all its customers and beneficiaries.
The Minister of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation Excellence Award aims significantly advance the performance, concepts, practices, and administrative techniques used in MoFAIC. The Minister’s Award does this by applying the standards of institutional and functional excellence in all categories of the Award, and using them in the ongoing processes of improving MoFAIC’s performance.
Minister of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation Excellence Award objectives:
• Improving both Institutional and individual performance.
• Adopting concepts and standards of quality and institutional excellence.
• Motivating employees to be creative and innovate in MoFAIC processes and services.
• Appreciating and rewarding organisational units and human resources in the Ministry.
• Exchanging and disseminating best practices across within various ministry units.
• Preparing for MoFAIC to participation in Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Government Excellence Award.
Excellence Award Categories:
• Institutional Excellence Category:
1. Excellent Department in Institutional and Service Sector
2. Excellent Department in Political and Specialised Sector
3. Best Department in the Area of Enablers
4. Happiest Work Environment
5. Excellent Section in Institutional and Service Sector.
6. Excellent Section in Political and Specialised Sector
7. Excellent Super Embassy
8. Excellent Embassy
9. Excellent Consulate
• Career Excellence Category:
1. Excellent Head of Organisational Unit
2. Excellent Deputy Head of Organisational Unit
3. Excellent Head of Section
4. Excellent Specialised Employee
5. Excellent Administrative Officer
6. Excellent Engineer
7. Excellent Technical Employee
8. Excellent New Employee
9. Excellent Customer Service Officer
10. Excellent Local Staff
11. Excellent Emirates Diplomatic Academy Trainee
12. Excellent Seconded Student
13. Excellent Diplomat
• Category of Missions Accredited to the UAE:
1. Excellent Cooperation Award
His Highness Sheikh Abdullah bin Zayed Al Nahyan was appointed Minister of Foreign Affairs of the United Arab Emirates on the 9th of February, 2006. The ministry’s role focuses on maintaining clear political positions that support the UAE’s relationships with its regional and international partners while promoting the UAE as a regional leader in different fields.
By: Minister of foreign affairs and international cooperation