Attestation service charges:
The original document must be sent to MoFAIC by courier to complete the attestation process.
Anyone can attest documents on your behalf.
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation provides all its services electronically through its website and smartphone application only.
All customers can now submit all transactions related to MoFAIC’s attestation service through the Ministry’s official website www.mofaic.gov.ae and the UAEMOFAIC smart application, upon fulfilling all terms and conditions.
MoFAIC Customer Happiness Centres are closed, in line with the directives of the UAE visionary leadership towards improving government services and customer experience.
1) Normal: 3 working days – AED 40
2) Express: 1 working day – AED 150 (excluding Value Added Tax)
3) Prepaid Courier Service: various packages for companies and entities. Please contact us for more details +97180044444.
There is a limit to the number of documents you can submit in one transaction, based on the courier service pack you select.
MoFAIC customers in the UAE can chose among the various courier services available:
1) Normal: 3 working days - up to 25 documents per transaction
2) Express: 1 working day - up to 10 documents per transaction
3) Prepaid Courier Service: there is no limit to the number of documents you can have attested. Various packages for companies and entities, please contact us for more details.
If you selected UAE as a location for attestation, you will be asked to select the type of courier service desired for the service. Once you have successfully paid for the transaction, a courier service representative will contact you to collect your documents.
There is a limit to the number of documents you can submit in one transaction, based on the courier service pack you select.
The original documents or digital documents or documents with QR code
Pick-up and drop-off location for collection and delivery must be at the same.
Once the courier service picks up your package, you will receive an email notification with a link to track your package.
At the moment, the courier service provided through MoFAIC’s website: www.mofaic.gov.ae only covers the UAE. However, some missions may accept appointments by phone or may have agreements with service providers in their respective cities/countries. Please refer to the Mission's website for further details www.mofaic.gov.ae/en/Missions/UAE-Missions-Abroad
When abroad, you can attest documents at the closest UAE Embassy or Consulate. Each Embassy or Consulate may have its own procedures in place. For additional details, please visit the Embassy’s or the Consulate’s website: www.mofaic.gov.ae/en/missions/uae-missions-Abroad
Please check your Junk mail folder, or contact our call centre at +97180044444
For refunds of rejected applications, please note refunds will be credited automatically to your account with 14 days. For any other refund requests, please contact our call centre on +97180044444
• By presenting a passport copy to the Embassy representative of the Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship
• Fifteen (15) working days
• Four years
• Mission's Note with Embassy Stamp • Coloured copy of passport with entry stamp • Personal photo with white background • Visa copy (if any)
• Mission's Note is proving that the applicant is working for the Mission. • The Mission must ensure that the staff member does not have a valid residence visa on their passport when applying for the card. • Check the passport expiry date to ensure that it does not exceed six months.
• They are free of charge.
• In case of expiry, loss, or damage of an ordinary passport abroad, or for UAE nationals overseas who wish to issue passports for new-borns, apply for an emergency passport via MoFAIC Website: www.mofaic.gov.ae and Smart Mobile App: (UAE MOFAIC). For more information about the terms and conditions and how to apply, please visit: www.mofaic.gov.ae/ • Or log into the Smart Mobile App: (UAE MOFAIC).
• To view the list of countries exempting UAE nationals of pre-entry visa requirements, and know more about the nature of such waiver for UAE national as per passport type, please click on the flowing link: • ,Visa Exemptions
• To apply for a passport renewal service abroad you have to provide a proof of long stay abroad, which is usually for education, treatment, or employment. Get the supporting documents and click on the following link to apply: • Passport Renewal for citizens abroad
• The Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation represented by its missions abroad, issues emergency passports for new-borns to facilitate their entry into the UAE. Therefore, UAE Nationals should visit relevant authorities to obtain official documents for new-borns.
• Special parking spaces for people of determination in both Abu Dhabi and Dubai branches. • There is a counter designated for people of determination. • Attestation services at your doorstep (for elderly and people of determination) available at Attestation Centres at Yas Centre (Musaffah area), Dubai & Sharjah branches
• None. Dates of departure and return to the UAE are required (please provide the dates as per the travel ticket)
Log into (UAE Pass) Select MoFAIC Website (www.mofaic.gov.ae) or Smart Mobile App: (UAE MoFAIC) •You will be redirected to MoFAIC's portal • Access Individuals service. • Select Twajudi service • Select service type • Add flight data • Submit the smartphone application in UAE MoFAIC
• Applicants must be UAE Nationals. • UAE Pass registration
• Two working days
• The Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation provides passport renewal services for UAE nationals residing abroad coordinating with the Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship.
• Passport renewal fees are AED 60 per passport
• Service fees for passport renewal must be paid in cash to the UAE embassy in the host country.
• To apply for the Passport Renewal for UAE Nationals Abroad service, you should submit proof of an extended stay abroad (i.e. education, medical treatment, or work). Then, apply for the service and learn more about documents required through MOFAIC's Smart Channels.
UAE Nationals who have lost their passport must visit the nearest police station to publicise and report the loss of their passport. To apply for an emergency passport. Visit MoFAIC Website: www.mofaic.gov.ae or a Smart Mobile App: (UAE MOFAIC) and attach all required documents with the Smart Mobile App: (UAE MOFAIC) : • Copy of Family Book (All pages) • Copy of the lost passport • Copy of the lost passport report attested by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation and the UAE Embassy in the host country. • UAE Nationals must visit the UAE Embassy in the host country to collect their emergency passport.
• Log into one of MOFAIC's smart channels via UAE Pass by entering the username and password. • From the ’Individual Services 'tab, select Issue Passports and Return Documents. Next, select ’Passport Renewal for UAE Nationals Abroad.’ Finally, click ’Start Service 'to complete the service Smart Mobile App: (UAE MOFAIC) form. • When the passport is renewed, you will visit the Embassy and receive the original renewed passport.
• Passport copy • Attach detailed information proving the foreign residency of the UAE national. • A personal photograph
Emergency passport for new-borns • Copy of the child's birth certificate attested by Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation of the host country and the UAE Embassy in the host country. • Copy of the Father's passport or ID card • Copy of the Mother's passport • Copy of the Family Book (all pages) In case the spouse (UAE National or Foreigner) is not in the Family Book, please attach the Marriage Certificate (attested by Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation and the UAE Embassy in the host country). Emergency passport due to loss of ordinary passport: • Copy of the Family Book (all pages) • Copy of the lost passport • Copy of the lost passport report attested by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation in the host country or the UAE Embassy in the host country. Emergency passport due to expiry of ordinary passport: • Copy of the passport or ID card • Copy of the Family Book (all pages) • A written letter with supporting documents clarifying the purpose of your stay overseas. Emergency passport due to damage of ordinary passport: • Copy of the passport or ID card • Copy of the Family Book (all pages) • A written letter indicating the causes of damage incurred on the passport or a police report Please note the damaged passport must be handed to the UAE Embassy in the host country. Emergency passport for children 12 months and above • Copy of the child's birth certificate attested by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation in the host country and by UAE mission in the host country. • Copy of the 'Father's passport or ID card • Copy of the Mother's passport • Copy of the Family Book (All pages) - In case the spouse (UAE National or Foreigner) is not in the Family Book, please attach a copy of the marriage certificate (attested by Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation of the host country or UAE Embassy in the host country).
• A letter from the requesting entity • Copy of the decree or resolution related to the concerned person in case the entitlement is related to a post • Copy of the ID card • Copy of the ordinary passport. • Copy of the Family book. • Attach a recent coloured personal photo with a white background (4*6) directly facing the camera in either UAE National Dress or a formal suit.
• Applicant must be a UAE National entitled to a passport currently working for a government entity and holding a position in that entity.
• They are free of charge.
• It takes two working days.
• Applications submit and delivery are only done manually. Therefore, applications are sent with representatives of Dubai and Sharjah offices on Mondays and Wednesdays.
• Working for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation is featured by its unique nature. It opens up broad professional horizons and a specific career path. The work is characterised by unceasing development, lack of routine, job opportunities for administrators and diplomats abroad, and more experience in representing the UAE worldwide. For opportunities and employment requirements, please visit: • Recruitment
• While most of our students are new staff at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation in the UAE, the doors of the Academy are wide open to applicants from governmental and semi-governmental agencies from all over the UAE. However, applicants must be nominated by their institutions for admission to the Academy. If you are interested in joining the Academy, please click on the following link: EDA
• Please go to the ‘Pending Transactions’ option where the transaction status is mentioned.
• Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation Branch Office in Dubai, Consulates District in Bur Dubai • Opening hours: 8:00 am to 3:00 pm. • Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation Branch Office in Sharjah, Rahmaniyah Area, • Opening hours: 8:00 am to 2:00 pm.
• Please get in touch with your bank, or change the card type, as this type of card is not supported
• Please double-click the download link to browse and download files on the device.
• If the error is displayed on the first page of the service, please enter all data correctly. • Moving to the second page of the application, please make sure to click on the ‘Complete Payment’ option, then agree to the terms and conditions. • However, if the error appeared on the card payment data entry page, it is often because the card payment data entered may be wrong, or you have to contact your bank. Because some banks restrict using cards outside the UAE. The error may be due to an administrative or a technical issue, at which point the bank will have the authority to follow up on the issue, inform you of the cause and solve the problem. • Then, you can complete the application form and try to make the payment again.
Please make sure you: • Fill all mandatory fields • Complete all fields correctly • Stick to a 1 MB attachment size limit
• Please, ensure that you have correctly entered the data on the application form as identified. Make sure to enter correctly the Captcha appearing on the bottom of the page.
Please prepare the following information and provide them to our customer service staff in the contact centre, to help you. • Name of the service applied for • Name of the Mission applied to • Application number (If any) • Screenshot of the error or page before the error showed. • The place where the Error appeared • Email and contact number
• Please, check your Junk mail folder, or call our contact centre on 80044444.
• Please ensure that you have selected the correct Mission in the service application. Further, that payment is completed, and the required amount is deducted.
• Please ensure that you have selected the correct Mission in the application form, the payment process completed successfully and the required amount deducted.
To reset your password: 1. If you are logging in using UAEPASS: please contact the UAEPASS team (https://www.uaepass.ae/) 2. If you are logging in as companies/entities, please contact the MoFAIC call centre for further support
For any inquiries about refunds please contact us on: +97180044444
• The UAE Pass has been adopted as your digital identification tool to verify your identity securely. This service provides access to many signature and authentication services within the UAE, where you will have one account to apply for many services across many institutions in UAE. • For more details, please visit: https://selfcare.uaepass.ae/
• It is a technical failure: Please send a screenshot of the displayed error message its link and account info (email, username, and contact number) to forward the problem to the competent authority, which will help solve it the issue. In addition, please use the complaints page on smart channels.
To apply for an emergency passport for a new born child, visit MoFAIC Website: www.mofaic.gov.ae or a Smart Mobile App: (UAE MOFAIC). In addition, all the required documents listed below must be attached: • Copy of the child's birth certificate, attested by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation in the host country and by the UAE Embassy in the host country. • Copy of the Father's Passport or ID card • Copy of the Mother's Passport • Copy of the Family Book (All pages) If the spouse (UAE National or Foreigner) is not in the Family Book, please attach the marriage certificate (attested by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation or Embassy in the host country). • Emirati citizens applying for this service must visit UAE Embassy in the host country to collect their emergency passport.
• Most missions accept debit and credit cards as forms of payment. However, some missions may have other forms of payment. Please check the Mission's website for further details or contact us for inquiries.