Based on the far-sighted vision of His Highness Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan, President of the United Arab Emirates, and His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, UAE Vice President, Prime Minister and Ruler of Dubai, the UAE government has developed the Mohammed bin Rashed Excellence Award under Sheikh Khalifa Government Excellence Program which aspires to enable the UAE public sector to excel in its systems, performance, services and outcomes. The program strives to achieve this vision by applying the intended mission statement, i.e. achieving excellent results in the UAE public sector and human resources performance. So, launching the Performance Excellence System and various on-going development initiatives will enhance the culture of innovation, loyalty and excellence among all public employees. It will become a true symbol of excellence, innovation and development, and achieve the mission of the "government of excellence" to provide an investment friendly environment contributing to sustainable development and prosperity and enhancing the role of the UAE as a regional hub for the world economy, in line with the vision of His Highness Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan.
In 2014, the first edition of the Minister of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation Excellence Award was launched under directives by His Highness Sheikh Abdullah Bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Minister of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation. It was the first excellence award to be internally adopted in ministries at both federal and regional levels. The award is considered a driving force for developing the institutional and functional performance of MoFAIC. It enables the ministry to provide excellent services to all its customers and beneficiaries.
The Minister of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation Excellence Award aims to make a real quantum leap in terms of performance, concepts, practices, and administrative techniques applied in MoFAIC. This will be made by applying the standards of institutional and functional excellence in all categories of the Award, by utilizing them in the ongoing processes of improving MoFAIC work performance.
Minister of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation Excellence Award Objectives:
• Improving both Institutional and individual performance levels.
• Adopting concepts and standards of quality and institutional excellence.
• Motivating employees to be creative and innovate in MoFAIC processes and services.
• Appreciating and rewarding organizational units and human resources by MoFAIC leadership of the Ministry.
• Exchanging and disseminating best practices across within various ministry units.
• Preparing for MoFAIC to participation in Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Government Excellence Award.
Excellence Award Categories:
• Institutional Excellence Category:
1. Excellent Department in Institutional and Service Sector
2. Excellent Department in Political and Specialized Sector
3. Best Department in the Area of Enablers
4. Happiest Work Environment
5. Excellent Section in Institutional and Service Sector.
6. Excellent Section in Political and Specialized Sector
7. Excellent Super Embassy
8. Excellent Embassy
9. Excellent Consulate
• Career Excellence Category:
1. Excellent Head of Organizational Unit
2. Excellent Deputy Head of Organizational Unit
3. Excellent Head of Section
4. Excellent Specialized Employee
5. Excellent Administrative Officer
6. Excellent Engineer
7. Excellent Technical Employee
8. Excellent New Employee
9. Excellent Customer Service Officer
10. Excellent Local Staff
11. Excellent Emirates Diplomatic Academy Trainee
12. Excellent Seconded Student
13. Excellent Diplomat
• Category of Missions Accredited to the UAE:
1. Excellent Cooperation Award