Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the United Arab Emirates to Japan: H.E. Shihab Ahmed Mohamed Abdulrahmaim ALFAHEEM
Contact The Ambassador
- His Excellency Shihab Al Faheem started his tenure as the Ambassador of UAE to Japan in December 2020.
- Before arriving to Japan, Ambassador Alfaheem held the position of Assistant Undersecretary for Protocol Affairs in the UAE’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation since 2013.
- Ambassador Alfaheem served as the Deputy Chief of Protocol in the Crown Prince Court of Abu Dhabi prior to that for two years. Before joining the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, he worked at ADNOC (2002-2005 and 2008-2010) in both the upstream and downstream sectors. His last role in ADNOC was Director of Allied Services.
- Ambassador Alfaheem worked in the banking sector from 2005-2008 as the Head of Retail Banking in Abu Dhabi Islamic bank. Alfaheem holds two Master’s degrees, one in Strategic Security Studies from the UAE’s National Defense College (2019) and the other in International Relations and Diplomacy from Zayed University (2011).
- He lived in Japan for one year (2003-2004) as part of a training program with ADNOC.