Follow Us


Can I have my Criminal Clearance Certificate which is issued in UAE to be legalized by the UAE Embassy in Latvia?

Yes, it is possible to legalize this document. To initiate the process, you need to send the copy of the document to Embassy through email:

For how long should my passport be valid to be able to travel to the UAE (all passport types)?

The passport should be valid for at least six (6) months after the end of the trip.

How to check the type of medicines that can be carried to UAE during my travel?

Please find the list of unauthorized medicines that can be brough for personal use along with a prescription from a doctor in English language with explanation of purpose and dose: If the medicine is found in the Unauthorized list, you need to get permission to import controlled medicines for personal use. To get Permit to Import Medicines for Personal Use, please fill the following form:

I am a Latvian Alien’s Passport holder planning to travel to the UAE. Do I need a visa to enter the UAE?

Yes, you can get Short-stay single entry visa from the Embassy. For more details about visa application, please contact the Embassy via e-mail: or phone: (371) 671 122 41.

I am a Latvian citizen holding an ordinary passport and planning to travel to the UAE. Do I need visa to enter the UAE?

No, Latvian citizen holding an ordinary passport are exempt from visa to UAE, and can stay for up to 90 days over a period of 180 days

I am planning to work in the UAE. Whom I should contact?

Work visas and work permits are issued by the relevant authorities in UAE. Please contact your sponsor in the UAE for further details.

Is it possible to exchange my UAE Driving license in Latvia?

If you are resident in Latvia, it is possible to exchange the UAE driving license. UAE Embassy can help to authenticate UAE driving license and the procedure cost 150 AED.

This link will direct you to an external website that may have different content and privacy policies from