Follow Us


I want to check if there is any ban on my passport or not.

Please contact your sponsor in the UAE. The sponsor can tell you about the ban.

My sponsor had put a ban on my passport. How do I get it removed?

Only your sponsor in the UAE can remove the ban, please contact them directly.

I am an Indian national with a valid UAE residence visa. I have stayed in India for more than 6 months. Can I travel to UAE?

Ideally, you have to get your visa cancelled first and then apply for a new visa. Please contact your sponsor in the UAE to see if anything can be done.

My employer wants me to get my educational documents attested? What am I supposed to do?

Please check with your employer regarding the required documents. The Embassy does not decide which documents need to be attested. For the procedure of the attestation by the Embassy, please see the Consular Section, Attestation link.

I want to get some commercial documents attested. What is the fee?

The fee of the commercial documents depends on the matter / content. Please show the documents at the counter to know the fees. For the rest of the procedure, please see the attestation link on this website.

My degree is laminated and I want to get it attested. What should I do?

Before coming to the Embassy, you need to get the lamination removed (if not completely, then a part of it).

I want to go to study in the UAE; how can I obtain a student visa?

Contact the Institute in the UAE directly.

I wish to study at one of the universities in the UAE. Is my degree going to be recognized when I return to live in India?

Yes, the degree will be recognized, if it is from one of the recognized universities of the UAE. The list of recognized universities can be found on the following link:

I am a qualified teacher in India; can I apply for a job in the UAE's educational institutions?

This will depend on the institution and your qualifications. Contact the concerned institution.

Will my marriage certificate be valid in India, if I get married in the UAE?

Yes, if it is properly legalized. Check with the Embassy/Consulate of India in the UAE.

I am a citizen of India travelling to the UAE on holidays. Do I need a Visa?

Yes, you need a visa. You should also have a passport valid for a minimum of 6 months.

I am a citizen of India and living in India, Can I get married in the UAE?

Yes, but you should contact the Indian Embassy or the Consulate of India in the UAE.

Can I enter the UAE with my stepchildren without their biological parent?

Yes, with written proof of parental responsibility.

Can I enter the UAE with my grandchildren?

Yes, with written approval from the parent or the guardian.

My children have a different surname to mine; do I need a proof of parental responsibility in order to enter UAE?

It would be advisable. Please contact the Visa processing authority.

What is legalization?

Legalization is the same as attestation. Please see the legalization section on this website.

Is it safe for a single woman to travel to UAE?

Yes, the UAE is one of the safest countries in the world.

I am a non-Muslim, but wish to visit some mosques in the UAE. Is it possible?

Visits to mosques can be easily arranged through your tour operator or hotel. Just make sure you are dressed modestly

I am a non- Muslim and visiting UAE during the month of Ramadan; is it ok for me to eat and drink in public places?

During Ramadan, all Muslims keep their fast from sunrise to sunset. Eating, drinking, and smoking in public areas during daylight hours should be avoided. However, hotels provide meals at restaurants that are not exposed to the public view in the fasting hours. Some restaurants and café’s across the UAE are also opened during fasting hours, but are not exposed to the public.

What medication am I allowed to bring into UAE?

Some prescribed and over the counter medicines that are available in India are controlled substances in the UAE. Such medication is not allowed into the UAE without prior permission from the UAE Ministry of Health. Check the list of prohibited medication via

What happens if I am found in possession of illegal drugs?

The penalties for drug trafficking, smuggling and possession, of even residual amounts, are severe.

I want to work in the UAE, how can I obtain a work permit?

You will need to be sponsored by an employer. The employer will send you the work permit directly. The Embassy does not provide any work permits

Do I have to pay income tax in UAE?

No, you do not. The UAE does not have any federal income tax on salaries.

My company is sending me to do some commercial filming in UAE, where can I find out about a filming permit and obtain press credentials?

You should contact: National Media Council, P.O. Box 3790, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, Tel: +971 2 4044333, Fax: +971 2 4044368, email:

I have an Indian Driving License; Can I drive in UAE?

No, you should apply for an International Driving License or a UAE License.

Can I drive a private vehicle on my Indian driving License in UAE?

No, but you can obtain a temporary UAE driving license for 6 months even if you are not a resident. This can be arranged at the Traffic Police Department in each Emirate.

Is healthcare free for foreigners in UAE?

No. If you require medical treatment, you or your travel insurance company will need to cover the costs.

What is the most appropriate dress code in public for UAE?

A modest dress code should be followed in public places.

How do I set up a business in UAE?

See the Commercial section of this website for general information. Contact the local Chamber of Commerce in the relevant Emirate for specific information.

What are the business working hours in UAE?

Many offices work on a two shift system, for example (8am- 1pm) and (4pm-7pm). The working days in the UAE are from Sunday to Thursday (5 days) with Friday and Saturday being the weekend. During the Muslim holy month of Ramadan, normal working hours are reduced by two to three hours per day.

Can the Embassy cancel my UAE residency / employment visa?

The UAE residency or employment visa can only be cancelled by the employer or the sponsor in the UAE. It is recommended that these procedures are undertaken during the termination of the employment contract. Please see the Consular Section link on this website.

I am a citizen of India travelling to the UAE on a business trip. Do I need a Visa?

Yes, you need a visa.

I am not a citizen of India but I live in India. Do I need a Visa to travel to the UAE?

It depends on your nationality. Please see the Consular Section on this website.

Is it acceptable to obtain an entry visit visa or a tourist visa if the validity of the visitor's passport is less than six months?

The passport's expiry date should not be less than six months. As for those transiting or coming on the basis of special permits / visits or for an assignment, the period of validity of their passports should not be less than three months.

Can a visitor travel to UAE by one-way airline ticket?

One of the conditions of the Entry Visit Visa to UAE is to have a return ticket, or at least a ticket which shows that the visitor is continuing the travel to an onward destination.

Can I leave the airport and go out in the city while transiting through Dubai?

This depends on your nationality and on the length of your stop- over in Dubai. Most travelers require visas to enter Dubai. However, regulations frequently change, so if you wish to leave the airport while in transit through Dubai, please check your visa requirements on this website, before you start your journey. Travelers of certain nationalities may obtain visas at the airport on arrival.

I have lost my Indian passport which had a valid UAE visa. What should I do?

Please visit the Consular Section, Loss of Passport link on this website.

This link will direct you to an external website that may have different content and privacy policies from