• At Abu Dhabi Airport, there are no fees for permit issuance.
• At Dubai International Airport, members of diplomatic missions accredited to the UAE, who hold Diplomatic, Consular or Special ID Cards issued by MoFAIC, will be issued the permit without fees.
• As for non-diplomats holding residence visas and sponsored by a diplomatic mission, the permit shall be issued for a period of one year, for a fee of AED3020.
• Temporary permits are issued according to scheduled flights, to welcome and bid farewell to guests or as replacement for another staff member until initial permit holders return from vacation, the permit is issued for free.
Procedural - Sub-Service
7-15 Working Days
- A personal photograph (passport size 6*4) with a white background
- A colour copy of the passport
- A copy of the ID issued by MoFAIC or a colour copy of the residence visa
- A colour copy of the unified number page on the passport (for UAE nationals and GCC citizens) when applicable
- The applicant must fill and sign the information form for security clearance. For Abu Dhabi International Airport: fill the information form for a Permanent Airport Entry Permit or Temporary Airport Entry Permit. For Dubai International Airport, the applicant must complete and sign the information form for security clearance
Service Application Channels
Service Delivery Channels
Sustainable Development Goals
Goal 17: Partnerships for the Goals
Terms and Conditions
- Entry permits are issued only to holders of Diplomatic or Consular ID cards
- The number of airport entry permits granted to the mission and areas to be accessed within the airport depending on the rules and procedures observed at both Abu Dhabi International Airport and Dubai International Airport. When filling the Abu Dhabi Airport permits form, please ensure:
- The form is duly and comprehensively filled with all necessary information. No field must be left blank. In case the information is not available, write (N/A), followed by the employee’s signature and the embassy’s stamp
- Upon completing the “Permanent Airport Entry Permit Application” form, write the Diplomatic, Consular or Special ID card number issued by MoFAIC in the "Residence Visa Number" field
- Application forms must be filled in Arabic for Arabic speaking staff members and in English for non-Arabic speaking staff members
- This service is limited to Foreign Missions, and International Organizations accredited to UAE
Please call MoFAIC's call centre at +97180044444 or Enquire through the MoFAIC Website: