The Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA) scholarship program provides outstanding Emirati students with an opportunity to pursue their academic journey and a diplomatic career. Students will be study abroad in one of the world's top universities. The overall goal is to give students the opportunity to specialize in areas that fulfil the future human capital needs of UAE Diplomacy a generation armed with the highest educational qualifications.
First: Scholarship Program eligibility and conditions of acceptance
- Applicants must be UAE nationals.
- Applicants must provide a certificate of good conduct
- Applicants must be 21 years of age or younger
- Applicants must be high school graduates, with a high school average of 90% in the last academic year, or equivalent.
- Applicants must have an IELTS (Academic Module) band score of 6.0 or above, or TOEFL scores of 70, or equivalent.
- Applicants must hold an acceptance letter from the university (universities listed here and approved by MOFA)
- Applicants must agree to study a third language, if required or requested.
- Applicants must agree to join the UAE diplomatic corps at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs for a period that is equivalent to the number of academic years necessary to obtain their degree under the program.
- Applicants agree to join Anwar Gargash Diplomatic Academy (AGDA) upon graduation
- Applicants must provide parental consent to join the scholarship program.
Second: Scholarship recipients are entitled to the following:
- Health insurance for the student and his/her family members.
- Annual books allowance of AED 6000
- Travel allowance of AED 5000
- Flight tickets:
- For single students: two (2) return tickets annually.
- For married students: one (1) return ticket for the student, spouse and children annually
- Tuition fees for the entire undergraduate degree are fully covered.
- The student's financial entitlements shall be based on the university’s location
- Housing costs shall be covered from the student's salary
- The monthly salary (in AED) shall be based on the university’s location and social status as shown hereunder
Third: Required Documents:
- Valid Passport Copy (including the last page of the passport showing the unified number).
- Family Book copy
- Emirates ID copy, both sides.
- Birth Certificate copy
- Coloured personal photograph
- Transcripts copy for grades Ten, Eleven and the first term of grade Twelve
- English language certificates with scores for one of the tests mentioned in the "First" paragraph above
- University admission letter
- Certificate of good conduct
* Note: Please attach the required documents in a PDF format upon registration (Click Here to register)
Forth: Student’s journey to the diplomatic corps following admission
First Stage: Scholarship to study abroad for a Bachelor's degree
Second Stage: Enrollment in AGDA's Post-Graduate Diploma in UAE Diplomacy and International Relations program
Final Stage: Work for MOFA as a diplomatic attaché.