Open Data Policy
In line with the open government concepts and the digital data era, MOFAIC allows access to data that can be used by developers, researchers, media, and the public.
Open data is the data that anyone can use, reuse, distribute or share with others without technical, financial or legal restrictions. In most cases, the user might be asked to abide to two conditions:
To mention the document source.
- Abide by copyleft licenses.
Following are the obligations of MOFAIC and the visitors regarding the data:
First, MOFAIC obligations towards the customers:
- Provide open data on MOFAIC’s services and activities, or information that is subject to public interest and is valuable to the website visitors.
- Provide data over several years.
- Publish raw data as much as possible.
- Provide access to data without any restrictions or registration.
- Provide real-time open data as much as possible and make it available for technical use.
- Publish data in adjustable and reusable file formats in ‘cut-paste’ mode as well as downloadable.
- Enabling you to express your opinion in the open data available on the website.
- Provide a detailed description of the files’ type, size, and publish date.
Second, what we expect from you when re-using the open data from MOFAIC website:
- Not to use the data for political purposes, or to support illegal or criminal activity, or to have a negative impact on the name or position of the UAE, or any illegal activity, or contrary to the values of the UAE society.
- Re-subjected the data to ‘open data’ principle and share it with the public.
MOFAIC is not responsible for any direct or indirect consequences or damages that may arise from the use of available data on its website. Such liability rests upon the user.
MOFAIC is committed to the Open Data Guidelines of the mGovernment posted on the UAE Government official portal on the following link: