Consul General of the United Arab Emirates in Boston: His Excellency Salem Alshamsi
Contact The Ambassador
- His Excellency Salem Alshamsi, Consul General of the United Arab Emirates (UAE) in Boston, took office in July 2015.
- Since then, HE. Alshamsi has focused on expanding the Boston-based Consulate General to better serve the interests of UAE patients – through the Medical Office – on one hand, and to connect and integrate with the business community in Massachusetts on the other hand.
- Salem and his team work on expanding the Consulate network and on increasing the economic cooperation between the UAE and New England, in addition to identifying mutual partnership and investment opportunities between the two markets.
- Prior to this assignment, His Excellency was the Head of the Consular Section at the UAE Consulate General in Washington, DC for six years, where he focused on offering high quality services to UAE nationals. He also oversaw the legal unit at the Embassy. Moreover, Mr. Alshamsi served as the acting Cultural Attaché, where he managed all UAE students’ affairs in the US, in addition to coordinating and building a network with American academic institutions. Mr. Alshamsi has considerable experience in the UAE Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- H.E. has previously served as General Secretary of the High Committee of Diplomats.
- His Excellency graduated from the University of Alabama with a double major in Science and Commerce & Business Administration. He also holds a Master’s Degree in Human Resources Management from the Catholic University of America.