Ambassador of the United Arab Emirates to the Kingdom of Spain H.E. Majid Hasan Mohamed Hassan AlSuwaidi
Contact The Ambassador
• H.E. Majid Hassan Mohamed Al Suwaidi, Ambassador of the United Arab Emirates to the Kingdom of Spain, has been graduated from the University of Brunel in London in the field of Geo-sciences. Later, he finished his Master's degree in Geology and Earth Sciences from Simon Fraser University.
Since the beginning of his long and brilliant professional career of more than 19 years, H.E. Majid Hassan Mohammed Al Suwaidi held many senior positions resumed as follows:
• From 2001 to 2011 he held several academic positions at Simon Fraser University and then worked as a technical geologist in several international companies such as ExxonMobil and ZADCO, among others.
• Later, in the beginning of 2012, he began his career at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation in the United Arab Emirates as a specialist in the fields of sustainability and climate change, where he developed one of the most important tasks as a principal negotiator representing the United Arab Emirates in the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) in order to negotiate the important climate agreement in Paris.
• Since July 2015 he held the position of First Consul at the Consulate General of the United Arab Emirates in New York City, USA.
• In May 2019, H.E Majid Hassan Mohammed Al Suwaidi was appointed UAE’s Ambassador to the Kingdom of Spain.